Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, May 30, 2008

End of the Month News

Work is going very well on both of my still life pieces.

The oil painting is moving along nicely. I needed to wait for the back ground block in of veggies to dry. It took the longest time, as the weather was very damp and we had several rain days.
What has been done so far is satisfying and I am pleased.

The additional pastels that I needed have been delivered, so I can get back to work on that also.

I will be seeing my grandchildren, son and daughter-in-law this week end. My Sarah is in her second dance recital this week end, doing tap dancing. It should be a blast!

Got to go...enjoy the view.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home