Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

Happy Mother's Day to one and all of you wonderful ladies!

I am planning to spend the day with my son, daughter-in-law and both grandchildren at my son's in-laws house. Each year all the men on my daughter-in-law's side cook for all of the mothers. It is a grand celebration and the food is just delicious. It's also a treat to gather together with family.

My daughter has phoned me from San Francisco wishing me a great day. I received a lovely card and gift from her.

All work of art will be postponed today and will resume tomorrow. My order from the art supply house came yesterday, so the pastel piece will get pride of first place tomorrow.

Gotta run...enjoy your day.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home