Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Monday, April 07, 2008

Back in San Francisco

Hello all, April 7, 2008

I'm out in San Francisco again, visiting my daughter Elaine. I arrived about 10 days ago and have been very busy.

Stephanie, my friend from high school arrived on April 2nd. We toured the local and near sights by car. Saw fisherman's wharf, china town and Saulsalito by car and foot.

Learned to navigate around the city and drive those hills that strike terror into the hearts of people who never have to drive that way. After the first few ones, they became a piece of cake!

Elaine and I drove to Sonoma on Saturday past. We shopped until be dropped or ran out of money. We got some beautiful items that we will treasure. Thank God for shipping or I would have to buy another large suitcase!

We plan to go north this week end to the area where the Russian River is located. The area is just beautiful and I plan to take lots of pictures. Hopefully, the pictures that I take will inspire me to create additional painting.

Speaking of paintings, my studio is finished and ready for me to get back in business of creating art. All I need to do, is return home, which is around the corner in time.

Bye for now. Remember to enjoy the view, life can be so short.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home