Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

June 8, 2006

Hello, everybody! I am back. I bet that you though that I gave up on art. No, that's not true.
I have been so very busy making art, that I didn't have time to post on my blog.

I have been working on two to three projects. You may ask why two or three? Well, we artists have to work between projects because we have to let some passages and areas dry before we can continue on with paint applications to each canvas.

Current work progresses on a seashore painting of a sailing ship with passengers off of Atlantic City, NJ. I took the photo several years ago and found it in my collection of photos.

Another photo from the shore also interested me. It is a photo of a Cape May, NJ bed and breakfast. It has a homey, welcoming look that I want to portray on canvas.

I am going to try to add work in progress of these two subjects to this posting. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home