Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Monday, May 15, 2006

Not a Blue Monday

May 15, 2006

Today, Monday, is not a blue Monday.

Thank you family and friends for a wonderful Mother's Day. It was good to see and hear from children and to spend time with them and the grandchildren.

Now, back to art projects. I am in a beach mood today. Since it is raining out today, I need to go to the beach in my mind, instead of taking a day trip to the Jersey shore.

I looked through my photos and found two that I like and think will make interesting art.

One is a sailing ship off the coast of the Jersey shore. The other is of a group of people sitting on the sand at the Jersey shore.

The second picture is more complex. I think that I will go with the sailing ship today and begin that project and save the second picture for later. (After all, it is still Monday and I haven't had my wake up cup of tea as yet.)

Wish me luck on the new project, please. I will post the preliminary start on the next post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home