Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006








May 9, 2006


Today has been a pepper and onion day.

I started the companion oil painting of red, green peppers and yellow onion to coordinate with my last painting titled "Two Egg Omelet." The best omelets are with eggs, peppers and onions in my opinion. Leave out the cheese on this one.

This painting of peppers and onions is not finished by a long shot. I am forced to stop as usual for certain passages to dry before I can add all of the "goodies." Are you wondering what the "goodies" are? Well, they are the lighter colors and the highlights to make this painting sing.

Then what next? A painting of a skillet? Would that be too much? What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home