Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Sunday, April 30, 2006




April 30, 2006

The last day of the month. Time to clear the "decks" so to speak and start new art projects.

Two of my latest paintings are going up for sale tonight on ebay. Please look for my work under "self representing artists", Carolyn Needleman or "artistnj"

The first piece of work, entitled "Not a Shy Violet" was a labor of love. My white and violet African violet was a powerhouse of blooms and endured the three weeks at my still life setup like a trooper. The work is Victorian and romantic in mood with the sensuality of red velvet.

The second piece of work is called "Jill's Garden." It is a dramatic change from the original photo of Jill. The background has been totally changed in the oil painting. Jill has changed also. Her hair has been styled differently and her dress and jumper are different colors than the original photo. What can I say? Artistic license!

I hope that April was a good month for you and may May bring you much blessings!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home