Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, September 15, 2006

September 15, 2006

Well, Friday has rolled around again! Where did the week go?

This week was spent working on my latest still life painting of cabbage, peppers, onions and jars of olives and roasted peppers. It is going very well and more than half way completed.

I didn't see my mentor Lori this week but plan on seeing her on this coming Tuesday. A major headache got in my way for my Thursday session this week.

Major time was spent on the Wet Canvas web site this week learning how to navigate their tremendous information site. I have a lot to learn and a lot of research to do. Many helpful people that are artists too.


Enjoy the beauty around you. It can be found in unexpected places.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home