Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Saturday Night, not lonely, very busy.

August 19, 2006

Hello, everybody!

Happy birthday to my son, Kenneth. He hit the big 37 today. We will celebrate tomorrow when we are all together. It has been a quick 37 years, seems like it was just yesterday.

This past week went very well. I finished my still life that I was painting with my mentor's critique on Thursday like we planned. I am very pleased with it. The oil painting is a 16" x 20" still life. It's name is "Sugar Rush". "Sugar Rush" went on sale this evening on ebay, listed under self representing artists, Carolyn Needleman.

Five other oil paintings went up in addition to "Sugar Rush". You will be able to view all if you go to EBay's web site.

I have been spending an hour a day working on graphite drawing studies, in addition to oil painting. I am pleased with my results so far. My drawing skills needed work, as I was getting "rusty."

Life is good, remember to count your blessing and see the beauty around you.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home