Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Creative Planning Day

July 22, 2006 Saturday

Spent the day with my daughter, Elaine, her friend Piper, and Piper's three year old daughter Hannah. We drove over the Golden Gate Bridge to Saulsalito where we disembarked and started walking.

The art galleries are very interesting. It was instructive and fun. I got a lot of inspiration for new projects and new works. I think I will go back to doing some palette knife work, in addition to my regular brush work painting.

It's been a long time since I did palette knife paintings. I enjoy creating using various knifes and I have several subjects in mind. (Better write them down, before I loose the inspiration.)

Bye, and remember to enjoy each day.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home