Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Back in Good Old NJ

I returned home from my two week trip to Seattle-Tacoma area and San Francisco, CA on Monday evening, August 31st.

What a good time! I was able to spend time with friends and family, enjoy their company and indulge my passion for art and beautiful scenery. Who could ask for anything more.

The art galleries held many interesting pieces of work. I especially enjoyed Leroy Nieman's.
I viewed six paintings of his at a gallery in San Francisco. I loved each and every one. His technique is vibrant and very much alive. What a master!

The beginning of this week was devoted to all of the mundane things one has to do when one returns from vacation but......the end of the week was devoted to painting.

I finished a composition that I had begin before I left for the West Coast. It is three roses in a glass vase. I will let it dry, then photograph it, varnish it and put it up for sale.

Many new ideas are forming in my head for new works. I will most likely start a new piece using my photos of my trip out west. Several of my shots are just calling out to be represented on canvas.

Remember to enjoy each and every day. There is much to be discovered.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home