Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Mid Week

August 16, 2006

This week has been a very productive week. I finished four oil paintings, including "Jill's Garden 2" The other three paintings need names. Have to ponder about that.

I am doing some graphite sketches to help my hand and brain coordination. They are going well, which should please my mentor, Lori. She urges me to do a little each day to keep my skills moving along in the right direction.

Speaking about Lori, I will be seeing her tomorrow. I expect to finish the painting that I have been working on (with her critique). I have been thinking about a name for it, yes names again. I think "Sugar Rush" will be right. You will understand when you see the painting!

Six of my paintings are going to go on sale this week end on Ebay. I will post them on Saturday eve, around 8:00PM. You can view them under artistnj or self representing artist, Carolyn Needleman.

Bye for now. Remember to see the beauty around you. It can be found in unexpected places.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home