Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, July 07, 2006

July 7, 2006

Thursday's mentor session with Lori Levin of Soulful Studios went well this week.

I did more block in of color to the back ground of the sill life and worked to bring the objects in the still life into completion. About two more weeks of work will finish this project I think.

I spend about one and one half hours with Lori on each painting session per week.

My sessions at my home studio are going well. I am working on several projects.

One a sad note, my cat Chloe is at the vet today. She is in need of dental care and will have several extractions today. Other than this problem, she has been very healthy. I'm glad this situation was caught early before she really got ill.

Chloe is a calico short hair cat that is eleven years old. She is my affectionate and loving little girl.

Take care all and remember to be good to your animals. They are looking to you to love them and keep them well and to do right by them.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home