Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Work continued on my newest still life oil painting today. I worked on the copper pot and the black pot today, getting the shadows and highlights on, including painting the handles onto the pots. Next, I need to work on the glass jar that is in the painting. That will have to wait until tomorrow or Friday. After those items are finished, I will begin to work on the mid ground and then the foreground.

I am going to see my mentor, Lori Levin, tomorrow. I will be working on another still life project that she has assembled for my challenge. Can't wait to see it! Will tell you all about it after I see it. I will take pictures as I progress though the painting from beginning to finish.

Stay cool, and remember to think art. Creating art and viewing art nurtures the soul.

Bye,

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home