Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Monday, June 12, 2006


June 12, 2006

This week end was a profitable one for selling my art. Three oil paintings on canvas sold to people in various parts of the United States. Thank you.

Today, Monday, was an interesting day. I decided to take a look at some of my prior drawings, to find some inspiration for new work. I came across an unfinished large pastel piece that I had worked on in one of my numerous art courses.

This piece was started at my class at Rowen College, Glassboro, NJ several years ago. I decided to make a smaller sketch to check the placement of objects before I continued with a new piece of work. Once satisfied with the rough drawing, I sketched the placement of objects lightly with graphite on Canson Mi-Teintes grey paper for pastel. The size is 9" x 12".

I decided from the start that I would just play with color, various strokes with the pastel sticks and just have a good time creating. I finished the work this afternoon and had such a good time creating this art piece. I now have to think of a name for the work. Sometimes that is the hardest thing to do and sometimes it just comes. No yet today....maybe tomorrow. I have to live with it for a day or so until the right name comes.

I will try to upload it to my blog tonight for you to see if possible. (That hasn't been working lately.)

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home