Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, April 21, 2006

April 21, 2006

Art is going slowly these last few days. I needed to rework the spoon in my painting of violets. It slowly got "chunky" and lost it's soft curves in the handle. It has been reshaped. I need to let it dry before I can place the last highlights and complete the work. (It's always something to keep you on your artistic toes.)

Jill's Garden is still drying. I may be able to work on it in the next two to three days. I can not wait to get back to it.

I have started another still life oil painting in the meantime to keep busy. It's two eggs in a egg carton entitled, "Two Egg Omelet." Something for a still life lover's kitchen. Yes, we do put oil paintings in the kitchen. At least this still life lover does. Pictures to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home