Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Monday, April 17, 2006

April 17, 2006

Visiting family this Easter week end was enjoyable. It is always nice to reconnect with loved ones, even if you have to travel some distance.

But, the holiday week end is now over. It's back in the saddle for me regarding my painting projects.

I am working on two 8 x 10" paintings simultaneously. The ceramic bowl with African violets and the painting of my niece Jill in a garden. Will post pictures of both works of art tomorrow when the sun will do them justice. (Too many shadows outside now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home