Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006


April 28, 2006

Thank you to the lady in Alabama who purchased my latest work titled, "Flame." I hope that you enjoy it for years to come.

"Jill's Garden" received my attention today. The various green background is slow drying. I am unable to add any stems and leaves of foreground plants until the background green areas dry. That may take up to a week. I will have to begin something else in the meantime to keep busy.

The African violet painting is almost finished. I believe that I will finish it this week. I will put it up for sale either on ebay or another site that is dedicated to fine art. I will let the public know what I decide regarding sales site. It will need to dry and I will need to varnish it. Please expect it to go up for sale about April 30th. Here is my latest picture of it before I finish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home