Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sunday Night

August 27, 2006

Last week was incredibly busy. But it was not what you would think.

My grandson Matthew needed adult supervision. He finished summer camp but has not started first grade yet. I spent the week at my son and daughter-in-laws house helping out.

It was a very good week, spent with family. Matt was enrolled in a morning soccer camp run by UK Elite. Matt had two terrific coaches, Phil from England and Katrina from Ireland. They worked very hard to give the 6 year olds the basic skills. Matt worked very hard and was incredibly focused for a 6 year old. I was very proud of him.

The afternoons were spent hanging out and some drawing time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home