Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday

Three paintings are up for sale on Artbyus.com and one on EBay.





I need to start on a new project. Several come to mind. There are some wonderful pictures from my trip to Mendocino, California of the sea and surrounding areas. I would like to do some oil painting using those photos.

My mentor, Lori Levin and I have discussed working in pastel for several learning sessions. Work will be started this week on a still life that she is assembling for me. Will keep you posted.

Bye for now. Remember to enjoy the day and the view.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home