Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

April 13, 2006

Today has been a very busy day both professionally and personally.

I was able to spend several hours working on my still life with violets oil painting. It is near completion. I have not decided on a name for this piece of work, as yet. It is eluding me.

I will take a photo of it tomorrow to post on the web for all to view. The silver spoon certainly needs more work, but I need to let several areas dry before I can go back in and add details.

I also worked on "Jill's Garden." It is coming along nicely and I also will post a photo soon.

Several other painting projects are running around in my head. There are not enough hours in the day lately, to do all that I am wishing to accomplish. But, I guess that's how life goes sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home