Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Thursday, October 07, 2010

Lost Time in the Studio

I have been very remiss in not working in the studio all summer! Not one piece of art work created! At least not in the studio.
I have been working however at something else. Scrap-booking and card making have taken over my life. I have created many hand made greeting cards for family and friends. It has been almost an obsession. Almost, but not quite.
I have gotten into rubber stamping, coloring, die cuts and all of the rest of things necessary to create individual cards, and I am not done yet! Truly a very creative process and artistically stimulating in an entirely different manor.
I will be getting back to my studio soon, so be prepared to hear more.
Enjoy the view. It should be a beautiful week-end.
Carolyn   

September 24, 2020

Well gang,  a lot has happened since the last post, many years ago.

I have moved two times, selling my home of 35 years.  I moved into a 55 and over community and was a resident for about 4 years.  After that I moved into a independent/assisted living community in Pennsylvania near my son and family.  It was a good decision, been here for almost four years now.

Art work comes in several new forms now.  I have been learning to water color by taking classes.  That came to a stop because of the Corona virus.  Our teacher was not allowed access to our campus during the pandemic.  

Greeting card making takes up much of my time now.  You tube has made me a better card maker with their tutorials.   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home