Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Home!

Hello everyone! I am home! Actually, I have been home for 8 days.

I arrived in Philadelphia from San Francisco on April 20th at a few minutes before 6:00AM on the red eye. My cab was waiting for me and I got home before 7:00AM.

The house looked so good to see. I noticed that the azaleas were in bloom but not much else. I went straight to bed for about 7 hours. Boy, that jet lag was tough to beat. It took almost a week to get rid of.

I downloaded the pictures of my trip onto my computer and edited some. Many will be a good source for future oil paintings and pastel pieces.

Today will be lunch with friends. Tomorrow, I will be back in the studio.

Enjoy today, that is all that you can count on, if you are lucky.

Bye for today.

Carolyn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home