Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Sunday, April 09, 2006


April 9, 200

My current work of violets in a ceramic bowl need to dry a bit before I proceed with it.

What to do until that happens? I try to paint every day during the week and take the week end off to see family and friends. But, my mind is on what to accomplish while the violets dry.

I spent some time looking at my considerable stacks of photos to determine what my next piece of work would be. I found two that I would consider attempting. The first is a picture of my niece Jill when she was a small child of about 3-4 years old. I always liked this photo and I thing I will give it a try. The second is a beach scene on the Island of Rhodes, Greece that I took in about 1996. Both are possibilities for new work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home