Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Friday, April 07, 2006

April 7, 06

Art takes a back seat today because it is grandparents day at my grandson's school.

I traveled from Turnersville, NJ to Pennsylviania to stay overnight at my son and daughter-in-laws house to be on time to attend my grandson's school program honoring grandparents.

We had a one hour program. The children shared their daily written journal with pictures with their grandparent. Each was unique, from the child's point of view. The grandparent brought in a picture of their childhood and explained it to their grandchild. We had snacks and the children had a group sing and spell of colors. Everyone had a good time and I cherish this day. (Pictures were taken by grandparents, of course!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home