Artistic Concepts by Carolyn

Daily blog of art in progress by Carolyn Needleman with personal comments by the artist. I primarily work in oil, because I enjoy the rich texture and buttery feel of the oil as I paint. You can manipulate oil to create color excitement, drama, mood and texture in a painting. There is a pleasure in creating a work of art from first draft to finished project that excites me and fills my fundamental need to create.

Monday, March 20, 2006

Work in Progress

03-09-2006
I have been thinking and dreaming of Spring and warmer weather. It's been cold for too long. Let's start thinking positive thoughts.

Time to begin a new art painting. Since I have Spring on my mind, what better to paint than a lovely white lily.

Well, here is my first draft. I think it may be a start. Looking at it, white doesn't do it for me.
What do I really want to see?

Let's try this! Red......I want warmth and passion. Yes!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home